Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Beginning

That's what many people think about today, as the calendar has rolled over to not just a new day or month, but a whole new year.

Personally, I don't believe in new beginnings. I think most of the time the best we can do is try to make some order from the chaos of life, occasionally rising above the din of day-to-day existence to accomplish something we find worthwhile.

Still, here we are at the dawn of 2012 and I'm starting something new – this blog you're reading. Actually, I've had a Website (Dark Scribblings) for a while, highlighting some of my horror and dark writing publications, although if you check it out you'll see I've not been too active there. I like to say it's because I've been busy coaching a high school varsity girls' basketball team, and that's the truth to an extent. But other factors, that din of day-to-day existence, often made it nearly impossible to do much.

I'm changing that, today. We'll see how far above that chaos I can rise.

Enough of the true-confession philosophy talk, and now on to my writing.

While I haven’t been terribly active of late, I did see my story, Patron Saint, published by the United Kingdom-based monthly e-zine Spinetinglers as their top story of the month in July. That means it's not only on their Website, but will be included in a paperback anthology featuring the best of 2011 Spinetinglers tales. You don't have to wait, though. Click on the title and take a read – it's free.

Later this month Blood Bound Books will publish the horror anthology Night Terrors 2, and my tale A Mother's Love will be in that collection. Not to be too self-promotional, but the editors there told me that story stayed with them long after they finished reading all the entries – it was hard to put the piece out of their mind. I hope you will pick up a copy and, don't take this wrong, but I hope my story haunts you, too!

I'll give more details as the release date approaches.

I hope to have a few announcements later this year regarding a couple of novels I've written, but for now that's all I'll say. Not much of a cliffhanger, but I hope it's enough to keep you interested, and returning to my blog for updates.

Go ahead and list yourself as a follower here, or over at the Dark Scribblings  Website, and I'll send you e-mail updates with new blog postings as they occur. Don't worry, I'm not all that prolific on the blogs, so your in-boxed won't be inundated.

Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment